Gilders Paste Wax - Damson (Deep Purple)
I couldn't believe the uses for this paste wax! Once I saw it the first time, I just had to stock most of the colours in the store! I can't say more than the makers of the product, us here is an excerpt from the Gilders Paste wax website:-
"In 1998, we discovered GILDERS® paste wax. We initially realized the potential that this type of product would have in the picture framing industry; soon, the desire for a gilded look spread to artists of varying skill levels and materials. We bought the rights to manufacture and reformulated the product to be more user-friendly, while conforming to standards of health, safety, and environmental protection for art materials. Originally called Baroque Art. GILDERS® paste wax finishes has the ability to resemble real gold leaf and other colored metal foils used for traditional gilding. Whether you’re a professional artist or a DIYer looking to step up your crafting skills, our product is easy to use and forgiving while providing a colorful and durable wax finish.
Here are some of the reasons GILDERS® paste wax stands apart from other products on the market:
- Long shelf life
- Ability to soften and rejuvenate again and again with no waste
- No need to warm up to reconstitute
- Ability to apply at room temperature
- Concentrated formulation ensures that a little goes a long way
- Ability to mix with one another to produce an endless color palette
- Colorfast artesian pigments
- Ability to extend with thinner into a cream, paint, stain, or wash
- Firm wax for dry brushing techniques
- No dripping, no splatters, and no runs
- Ability to put unused product back in the container for another day
- Easy to wash off with warm water and soap
- Real metallic pigments
WHAT ARE THE VARIOUS APPLICATIONS OF GILDERS® PASTE WAX?
As mentioned earlier, the beauty of GILDERS® paste wax is in its versatility. It can be used on a variety of surfaces and materials, from metal and wood to gourds and beads. Plus, a little goes a long way; 30ml of our product covers over 30 square feet (or 2.78 square meters) of your desired surface!
You can use GILDERS® paste wax for the following:
- Polymer clay
- Wrought iron
- Etched glass
- Letter sealing
- And more!"