These 10mm fold-over crimp ends are just what you need to finish off your projects when using thicker cords like rubber, wax cotton, leather etc. Remember they are great also for Kumihimo or woven bands up to 4mm thick.
One of our photos shows the older style of crimp we had in gold which was flat, but we have left it there to show how to lay your cords down. I think you will find this new design with the curved sides easier to squeeze down too!
Sometimes called envelope crimps, they are quite simple to use:
- Lay the end of your cord down inside the crimp with the end pointing to the loop on the crimp.
- Press one side down onto the cord with the flat pliers
- Press the other side down to go over the top of the first side.
- Squeeze the whole lot tight. (not too tight if using rubber cord!)
- Connect the crimp to your clasp via a small jumpring.
Measurements: 10mm long x 3mm deep, inner diameter 4mm, threading loop 1mm.
Material: 304 Stainless Steel
Quantity per pack: 20 pieces (10 pairs)