Small Macrame Wall Hanging Workshop - Friday NIGHT - 19th January 2018
SMALL MACRAME WALL HANGING
Class Name: Small Macrame Wall Hanging with lots of LAYERS (approximately 50cm x 75cm)
Class Description: This class is an introduction to some basic knotting techniques for macramé. You will learn to make a simple layered wall hanging, and how to incorporate a few different knots as well as incorporating beads (if desired) to further ornament your creation. We will also covering layering and fringing.
One of our photos is of Glenys holding up her black (not quite finished - still to do the fringing) piece from her class - never before made macrame. She is so proud! Even if you have never done a knot before, we can help you learn the technique!
Level of Difficulty: Easy to Intermediate
Prior Knowledge Required: None
- Rope 4mm - choice of white, cream, dark cream or black
- Further supplies of beads and cottons are available, of course, for sale on the day!
Date: Friday NIGHT 19th January 2018
Time: 6pm to 9pm
Class Description: What is Macramé? Macramé is an art of decorative knotting without using needles or hooks. By using a series of knots, ornamental patterns are created. Macramé can be created using any kind of material. You can use fine thread to make macramé lace or even use leather strips. By a special technique, the macramé craft keeps the knots in place while the work is being done. Macramé can be tried by anyone with a passion to create with little or no experience. It is an ancient technique, believed to have originated in 14th or 15th century to use leftover threads on the end of looms, and expanded to incorporate jewellery, home furnishings, clothing ornamentation and many other uses.
Photos: Showing are some photos of previous wall hangings - the one you make will be individual to you, according to the design you choose!
You will learn:
- Wall hanging set up
- Simple to intermediate knotting techniques
- Creating different patterns by placement and knotting of cords
- How to add beads for decoration
- Methods of finishing off the piece.
What you need to bring:
- Close-up working specs if you need them
- A length of driftwood, a branch, or any type of dowel type material as the holder for your wall hanging that will match your décor. About 1m long, if this is a suitable size for your home. If you don't have anything special you would like to bring to use, we will supply you with a simple dowel piece or we do have a box of driftwood you can pick through.
Tutor: The class is run by Bead Shack’s owner, Kerry Dove, who has years of professional experience in working with kids & adults. Kerry holds Certificate IV in Workplace Training & Assessment, as well as having years of experience helping adults learn and realise their own potential. The size of the class is kept small to allow plenty of one-on-one attention and the maximum number of students for this class is 8.
- All materials are included in the cost of the class. Materials used are good quality - Bead Shack will never sell anything that we wouldn’t use ourselves!
- The classes are all run by expert tutors with years of experience, who are friendly, knowledgeable and approachable.
- The size of the classes is kept small to allow plenty of one-on-one attention and the maximum number of students for this class is 8.
- Bead Shack has a dedicated work room for classes on the premises.
- Bead Shack carries full liability insurance to $20m for your safety and assurance.
- Should you not finish your project within the given time parameters, you will not leave without an understanding of how to go about finishing your project at home!
You can pay via:
- PayPal now by putting the class in your shopping cart
- Phone (02 4234 1197) using credit card
- Bank direct deposit into Bead Shack's account - put the class in your shopping cart, and click on 'bank deposit' as method of payment. Bank deposit is our preferred payment method.
If you have any questions regarding this, or other courses please don't hesitate to get in touch.
Directions: Find the bakery in the main street, walk right through the arcade next to the Bakery, and outside. There is a blue sign pointing you down a little path that leads you to our door!
There is plenty of car parking behind the main street (entrance on Greta Street). Bead Shack is to the right after you come up the lane, just to the right and down, from Natural Necessity Surf Shop.