Brown Terracotta Clay Bead - 5 styles
These beads seem to be made from a pinkish/brown terracotta clay, and then left uncoated, with just their simple markings as the adornment. Kind of beautiful in their imperfection. You would need to love this style of bead and come up something truly unique to give them what they deserve!
- Style 1: Small torpedo shaped bead with dotted lines and circles. Beads weigh about 3 grams each.
- Style 2: Large torpedo shaped bead with lines and slashes. Beads weigh about 5 grams each.
- Style 3: Cylinder shaped bead with dotted lines on the ends, and arcs and 'sun' shaped stamping pattern. Beads weigh about 3 grams each.
- Style 4: Cylinder shaped bead with 3 lines around each end, dotted lines lengthwise creating sections, and a circle in the centre of the sections with lines radiating out.
- Stu;e 5: Barrel shaped bead with lines around each end, and lines lengthwise, creating sections. 2 sections have little circles and the other 2 have a 'sun' type of pattern.
Being handmade there is a lot of variation in the sizing and shapes. We have taken photos in front of a ruler, as well as alone, to try and show the approximate sizing of the beads.
Due to the huge variation, we won't measure proportions, sizes or hole sizes here. Please refer to the photos for that kind of information.
These beads are from a collection of bisque fired (no glaze) terracotta/clay/ceramic. There are a lot of definitions of the way these beads are made, and if you are interested, have a google about them and gather information. They are amazing beads to find out about!
We can't be certain of their exact information, rather we are giving suggestions of what these beads are, and where they are from, how they are made etc, from information gathered from our general observations over the last many years in the bead trade.
We will attempt to give you beads that all look similar for each pack that you buy.
Quantity per pack: choose from the drop down menu